3 July 2012

My Favourite Surf Spot

Ok, it's about time I have a little say about my favourite beach break in Cape Town.  Yes, I do miss the Durban beaches for their warm water & mostly constant waves.  BUT, CT has LOADS of breaks to offer a bodyboarder like me, sand bars & reef breaks dotted all around the peninsula.


My favourite beach break by FAR is definitely Llandudno.  Not just because it is one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen, but because when there is swell around, this place knows how to handle it.  It's a rather shallow break, so surfers often come really short & break boards, but for us bodyboarders, it's heaven, really...


When there is swell & the offshore is howling down that valley, it really comes alive, PROPERLY!!!


Check out the video below, not captured on one of the biggest days by a long shot, but you will get a feel for what I am talking about...


Cheers,
B


No comments:

Post a Comment