6 January 2012

My babies... (no, not kids... Yet)

So, seeing that this is my first post, I thought I would start of with something that takes up most of my time other than work.  You guessed it, my hobby of Bonsai...  It is an extremely exciting fascination, and a lot of people can't seem to get to grips with why I would dedicate so much time to a few trees (well, 28 to be exact)...

You get this weirdest feeling when training a tree, and every tree is completely different to the others.  I have been doing Bonsai for about 7 years now and have definitely learnt loads along the way, being patient is definitely one of the key elements.  You can't just get a new tree, work on it and expect it to automatically look like you want it to.  It takes time, and a lot of it...  But when things start coming together, it really does give you this sense of achievement. Trimming, wiring, root pruning, feeding and watering are only a few of the tasks involved with Bonsai.

Anyway, i could go on and on about what Bonsai is and how it started etc etc, but i will leave it up to you to do a bit of research on your own! :-)  It truly is an amazing hobby and I encourage every person to try their hand at it. It really isn't for everybody, but at least try and you will know.

Below are a few pics of one of my sections of trees...



No comments:

Post a Comment